Friday, July 18, 2008

Surprise!

A post! Sooner than you (or I) thought. Bad news, though. There's fire coming over the hills directly to the north of my house. It's close. Please pray. There haven't been evacuations yet, but so far all that seems to be happening is helicopters flying around assessing the situation. Slurry bombers will be soon, I hope! Yay more pink streaks.

This is kind of an interesting story- I was supposed to go to Claremont to work all day today, and then go from there almost directly to a wedding up north a ways. Then, due to sad circumstances involving an injured back (not mine), the trip to Claremont had to be cancelled, and then transportation things for this wedding started to crumble. About an hour ago, this fire started, and now I can be here with Eleanor (and Cinder the dog!) and help her pack stuff up if we need to head out.

I have to say it- I'm glad there are other houses between mine and the fire. Surely help will arrive in time to save them (and mine).

I'm working on something that may involve the following verse (haven't decided yet for sure), and I find it particularly pertinent right now:

Psalm 121:1 - I lift my eyes up to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the maker of heaven and earth.

1 comment:

Alida said...

That is one of my favorite verses! I look forward to seeing how you turn it into beautiful art! :)