Friday, June 6, 2008

Dangit

Our society is seriously going down the toilet. I'd elaborate, but elaborating would just feel like endorsing it. And I don't have any solutions, so I feel stuck. Well, I guess I can say that what frightens me aren't the blatant, in-your-face gags for attention that everyone kind of shudders at, even if we shudder a little less each time, but the things that are supposed to be innocent, the things that are "cheeky". Maybe what most people find "cheeky" and cute in an edgy kind of way, I just find utterly shocking and offensive.

It's tempting to go on and indulge in the torrent of things that sicken and discourage me and confuse me...but I don't think that would be helpful. So how do we confront a society that is on the verge of openly encouraging, in all aspects of life (including places that are supposed to be professional), images and/or attitudes of sex, crassness, rudeness, pride, and a few other characteristics that I can't think of right now? I'll send them emails. I'll do it right now.

No comments: