Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie

My kids love this smoothie, which is great because it's easy to make and packed with good stuff (assuming you're not allergic to peanuts or dairy, I guess) for busy little ones who don't love to sit still and eat.

I have a VitaMix that holds about 64 ounces, so my recipe is scaled to use the whole canister. Use a kitchen scale. If you don't have one, I highly recommend the EatSmart precision pro digital scale. It's $20 well spent.

Ingredients:
6-7 Bananas (about 25-30 oz)
25 oz Half and half (same number of ounces as however much banana you have)
5 oz Peanut butter (almond butter works well, too)
1 T Vanilla (0.5 oz)
1/2 tsp Cinnamon

Directions:
Add all ingredients to the canister of a blender and...(wait for it...)...Blend!

Pour into 6-oz Mason jars, attach lids, and freeze! Makes about 10 or 11 smoothies, which can be thawed in a microwave in about a minute. Easy!

No comments: