Tuesday, February 6, 2018

*Yawn! Stretch!* 6 years later...

5 things from 2/5/18

1. The amaryllis I got for Christmas has exploded into bloom. It's like a never-ending crimson firework.

2. When I read well-known stories to Marty and JD sometimes I like to mess with the words, like, for example, the beginning of most Curious George stories: “This is Pokemon. He was a good little watermelon and always very jumpy.” They laugh and tell me to stop.

3. Tonight while Marty and I were saying goodnight to each other:
Me: Goodnight.
Marty: Goodnight.
Me: Sleep tight.
Marty: Sleep tight.
Me: Sweet dreams.
Marty: Sweet dreams.
Me: See you in the morning.
Marty: See you in the morning.
Me: I love you.
Marty: I love you.
Me: Purple elephant.
Marty: You’re funny, Mom.
I was just checking to make sure he was listening.

4. Today was a busy day and it went fast. I did four loads of laundry, vacuumed downstairs, made bread, did dishes, made chicken soup. Marty and JD loved the soup, Marty raved about how delicious the broth was. They always surprise me- I'll make something for dinner that I'm pretty sure they won't love, but then they end up devouring it.

5. It seems like all conversations with my boys inevitably wind up on the subject of poop, bums, or death. 




No comments: